2017 Women's Cycling Retreat in Santa Barbara - March 16-19
Stretch your body, mind and soul. Time to ride hard, relax by the pool and reflect in the beautiful setting.
Every now and again, it does the body (and mind) good to rally a posse of girlfriends and press the exit button together. The bigger picture is that we all need time in nature or in beautiful places that inspire us. Physical activity is both a form of stress release and can be meditative. We know this is daily medicine for you, but changing venue can have profound effects on our outlook, perspective and offer newfound clarity for decisions or priorities we need to make.
Then, there’s the smaller – but still fun (and oh so girly) – necessities, such as: What kit are you bringing? Of course, we hope we can help with that. There’s something that happens when we suit up as a team and press our way to the top of the peaks and celebrate each day’s achievements together.
Each morning, we’ll wake up our muscles and joints with sunrise yoga lead by an inspiring Bay Area teacher, and each evening we’ll gather for libations and casual conversation and insight with Live Bright Coach Candra Canning. In between, we’ll ride the beautiful roads of Santa Barbara, home to some of the best biking in the US. Santa Barbara county has a Mediterranean climate that's perfect for year-round outdoor activities. There are 78 miles of Pacific coastline, mountains rising over 6800 feet, and a healthy serving of Los Padres National Forest.
Our 2017 Women’s Cycling Retreat in Santa Barbara includes:
- 3 days / 3 nights stay. Casual, elegant accommodations in private residence in Montecito.
- Gourmet healthy meals to fuel 50-mile days (shorter options available).
- 3 breakfasts
- 3 dinners
- Sunrise yoga with Pat Bailey
- 3 rides: 2 approximately 50-mile routes + one 30-mile route. (Shorter options available.)
- Group cooking class with private chef on Friday evening
- Live Bright coach Candra Canning and Kim McElhinney from Dude Girl will pamper and support you all the way.
What to know:
What to love:
Extras available for purchase daily, first come-first served. (Of course, we will try to accommodate everyone’s needs):
- Massage arranged on request
Please feel free to call or email with questions, or to discuss: